How in the world is it July 1st? I swear it was June 1st like yesterday. Anyways, June flew by and it is time to take a step back and look at the big and small things I accomplished.
I didn't get too many projects finished, but I am very proud of the ones I did.
First off I made the Ripple Bralette designed by the incredible Jessie Maed Designs and I'm ready to make another one. Next time around I'm going to make it a smidge longer and shorten the straps. I apparently underestimated the size of my chest. Haha.
This pattern is super popular and I definitely recommend it, as it is a fairly quick knit. If you haven't made a garment this would be a great one to try. You can get the pattern on her Ravelry account here. Also make sure you check out her other patterns, they are inclusive, modern, and just plain beautiful. I'm currently working on the Breeze Racerback.
My second project I finished was a test pattern for RKC Handmade, I believe I mentioned it in the last blog. The pattern works up so quick and is awesome in a fabric type yarn or even a bulky weight. The stitch is unique and is a great basket whether you use it as a plant holder or to hold your tools. Surprise! The pattern was just released so you can go get it now! Click here to check it out. Rebecca, from RKC Handmade is a pom maker and has some really unique patterns. I have her Mira Beanie on my To-Make list!
So before I get to my last and most exciting knit project of the month, I want to tell you about some yarn dyeing I did. I had bought a few skeins of yarn from Knit Picks with the intention of dyeing the yarn naturally. I was excited and had planned on writing a blog all about it. So on a Saturday night I made some dye with flowers and Sunday morning attempted to dye one of my skeins.
Well, it failed miserably! I definitely should have used more flowers and maybe had a smidge more patience. The dye did absolutely nothing and I will probably attempt natural dyeing again some day, but this actually led to igniting my love for dyeing with my acid dyes.
I didn't want to completely waste my time so I quickly grabbed my acid dyes and threw them on top of the yarn that was not taking any of the color from the flowers. The result was incredible, and far better than the last time I used my acid dyes. I think my issue the last time was that I didn't use a high quality yarn. This time I used a super-wash merino wool - Felici Worsted Bare from Knit Picks.
After it dried and I twisted her up I knew I had to name her Phoenix, which led to the name of my FIRST knit pattern that I'll be releasing to the world this month.
THE PHOENIX COWL
The Phoenix Cowl was my last knit project of the month and is currently being tested by some amazing people and I have it set to release July 15th. This cowl is special because of its unique texture and the chance to use a really sweet button. Plus its my first design I'm releasing, so I'd say that makes it pretty special! I don't want to share too much about it, just know you will want this pattern because it knits up quick and is a light and fun accessory even in the summer time.
I'll be blogging about it soon, so be on the look out.
To wrap things up, this was a pretty good month. My personal life wasn't too eventful which led to a lot of creative happenings. Now I am just waiting for my testers to finish up on my pattern, working on my Breeze Racerback, and planning an order for some blank yarn to dye up.
I have a feeling July is going to be a good one. Remember, drink water, be present, and take care of yourself. Life is wild. -Rin